Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl XVII Pre-Game Thoughts

It's Super Bowl Sunday XLII and my whole family is rooting for the Giants. Why? It's not about the fact that the Patriots got caught spying on opponents' plays. (You can't tell me every team doesn't do that.) The reason we're a Giants family tonight is because my brother, J, is a lifelong Miami Dolphins fan. The Dolphins have a 17-0 record and if the Patriots win tonight they will be 19-0 and beat the record. So, tonight it's all about the New York Giants.

I just finished watching the pregame show and wouldn't you know it, Paula Abdul's performance was taped. Thank you, Fox. Thank you for preventing me from seeing yet another pop star meltdown in front of the camera. From what I hear, Paula was pretty fragile during the taping. The TAPING. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I'm not as interested in American Idol this season. The freaks just seem kind of lackluster and predictable…an embarrassing performance from one of its hosts is not going to make me tune in. I've had my fill of this shit from Britney and Amy, thank you very much.

Alicia Keys lip-synched her way through "No One", but is it just me or did it sound like it was on the wrong speed? It was so sleepy. Uch.

I don't know if I could be in Jordin Sparks' shoes right now. Both teams just came out and she is about to sing the national anthem. I cannot imagine how nerve-shattering this moment must be. I'm not a fan, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good performance.

I'll be back later after the halftime performance. -K

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Jordin Sparks has a pre-recorded vocal track so don't feel too bad for her. ;) --J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Paula take Britney's spot? That was very Britney.

    ReplyDelete