Sunday, February 10, 2008

Annie Leibovitz and The Rolling Stones

I visited the ICA in London Saturday afternoon to watch the documentary Annie Leibovitz: Life Through a Lens. I absolutely love her work and wish I could spend a day with her hearing the backstory on some of my favorite pictures. If I could have someone’s career, it would be hers, a woman photographer traveling with the Stones on their world tour at the height of their decadence, I can't imagine anything better. Annie is also famous for taking the photograph of a naked John Lennon curled up to a clothed Yoko Ono just hours before he would be killed.

I was moved to tears a few times during the documentary, and also to laughing out loud a few times. Watching Keith look at pictures of himself was priceless. I love that man! --J

No comments:

Post a Comment