Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love/Hate in St. Louis, also titled Finding My Way in Londontown

I had a real love/hate thing happening with St. Louis. But as a music lover, it was almost entirely love. What’s great about St. Louis is that it is small enough to get to any music venue easily and big enough to get a good variety of acts. K and I would often pop down to Vintage Vinyl in the Loop to go to in-store events.

Saturday I was having a very shitty day, but had noticed there was an in-store event for a band called The Duke Spirit at Pure Groove Records in North London. I arrived about 45 minutes early to this tiny record shop, about a quarter of the size of Vintage Vinyl, and a line almost all the way down the street of people waiting to get in. I looked at the line, looked at the inside of the store and the amount of band equipment getting set up and decided there was no way all of that was going to fit comfortably in that box. I thought, hell with this and took the train home. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment