Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spoon in London



I was thinking of Caleb Followill when I headed with my visiting pal Mel to see Spoon Monday night. When asked what he takes with him on a tour he mentioned antibacterial hand gel. He said that people don’t want to miss a show once they have gotten tickets, even if they are sick. Even though I have been miserable sick for the past week, I had to go to the show, leaving before the encore.

The sold out show at Scala was unbelievable. The venue was great, a lot like The Pageant in St. Louis. Mel and I stood at the front of the balcony. They played the majority of the new record, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, and songs from other records like Gimme Fiction. I wish I could say more about the show besides they sounded great and I felt like crap, but that sums it up. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment