Friday, February 15, 2008

Across the Universe and Sgt Pepper's


I recently watched Across the Universe, and if you are a Beatles fan, I would recommend it. I haven’t done any research to see if the character who played Jude sang the parts himself but he had the perfect voice for Beatles songs.

Watching it got me to thinking about another film where Beatles music took center stage, 1978’s Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band starring Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees. I remember getting to tag along and see it in the theatre because my brothers and friends were going just to see Aerosmith in it. Even at eight years old I knew the movie was terrible. Aerosmith was the best thing in it! Maybe it's because Aerosmith's version of Come Together was the first I had heard, but it remains my favorite over the original. You judge for yourself. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment