Sunday, February 10, 2008

J's Random Thoughts

So no Grammy viewing for me! They are broadcast here tomorrow, but on a satellite channel. It bothers me but really it shouldn’t since every year I just bitch about how lame the show is. But this year my boyfriend Dave takes the center stage with some unknown musician playing with the Foo Fighters, so I guess I’ll have to youtube that tomorrow.

For the past few weeks I have been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin and I can’t really explain why. When I was in the fourth grade, I was talking to some boys in my class and to seem cooler, I told them that I liked Led Zeppelin, which is what my brothers were into at the time. Forget the fact that my two favorite LPs at the time were The Knack’s Get The Knack and the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever. Later in life I specifically remember having a conversation with my husband H about how much I disliked Led Zeppelin and how I would never like them. I’m not quite sure what’s happened, but I’m totally into them now. Since H is a fan, all of their records were already loaded on my iPod as if my iPod was anticipating my future requests.

New stuff is just not moving me right now. For example, this band Vampire Weekend that every music magazine is covering, in my opinion is just unnecessary. So here I go, regressing to the fourth grade and meaning it this time. Led Zeppelin at the moment is my favorite. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment