Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sound Opinions on Conan

I am a huge fan of Sound Opinions. Since moving to England, listening to the weekly podcast is my Saturday morning ritual. I don’t always like what they have to say, but I love the format, which usually covers a variety of music and also gives time to opposing opinions when they play caller’s sometimes nasty feedback.

They were recently on Conan and it was a very good interview, Conan was awesome! My favorite quote from Conan during the interview was, “You’re just trying to start trouble and see where it goes…I have a brother like that”. The story about Bono calling Greg Kot was great. Other moments in the interview:

The Doors, three heterosexual guys talking about not understanding The Doors does not surprise me at all. They wouldn’t get the sex appeal of Jim.

In my opinion, there was a very obvious topic not discussed, Bruce Springsteen. DeRogatis usually takes every opportunity available to him to trash Springsteen. Just listen to his review of Magic. I wonder if he just thought it was in good taste to avoid the topic in front of Max Weinberg or if he was asked not to mention it. –J

P.S. The interview with GirlTalk on their latest podcast was very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. 1. When did you move to England?
    2. I don't get the doors either.
    3. I finally bookmarked your site.
    4. Trash Springsteen? WTF does that?
    5. Hope all is well in your world
    6. Erin go Bragh, wanker!

    Take care.

    Chris O.

    ReplyDelete