Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Pair of Drumsticks

As stated already, D did not like The Dresden Dolls set at the Panic! show. At some point during the concert, he texted me to tell me that he had a gift for me. I texted back, “Don’t spend your money!” He texted back, “Oh, I didn’t”. At that moment I was thinking of my husband H’s story from 1978 when he went to see a White Sox game and brought his sister home a pet rock. Because he had spent all of his money in the ballpark, the pet rock was a rock he found in the parking lot.

D came out and proudly presented me with the drumstick from The Dresden Dolls. We had a big laugh. Now I have a set! So when I get my drum kit, I can seriously rock with my left hand (Taylor Hawkin’s drumstick) and razzle dazzle with my right (Dresden Dolls).

No comments:

Post a Comment