Sunday, July 2, 2006

Hell Hop Bloodsuckahz

Both K and I are regular readers of the St. Louis entertainment paper, Riverfront Times. We were both taken aback by the story gracing the cover of the June 29th edition. We were reading it in Vintage Vinyl while waiting for Pete Yorn to take the stage, nudging each other to read quote after quote. Here’s a link to the full story.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/Issues/2006-06-28/news/feature_full.html

Hell hop? Where do I begin? I’m all for people expressing themselves, but this is ridiculous. There were 1,300 fans at the latest hell hop event. Can you believe that?

This is one of my favorite quotes about the vampire rapper:

“An emerging rapper who lives with his mother in an O’Fallon subdivision, Flowers seldom breaks character – not at the mall, not while smoking Newports with his crew at Culpeppers, and not for an instant at his Pageant concert in March.”

What kills me about this is living in O’Fallon and eating at Culpeppers is about as safe and suburban as one gets. My recommendation to him is to try the Culpepper Burger, one of my favorites.

No big surprise that Insane Clown Posse is partially responsible for this bullshit. Here’s a little history about these bozos (no pun intended). “The largely white, suburban followers of the group were later named Juggalos, after the ICP song “The Juggla”, about a mentally disturbed carnival juggler”. Doesn’t this sound like a parody from a Christopher Guest movie?

I could go on and on, but read the article for yourself. The writer at the RFT did a great job reporting this story with a straight face. I don’t think I could have done the same.
--J

No comments:

Post a Comment