Monday, July 17, 2006

Message Boards, Fanfiction, and Insane Poetry


When I finish a task at work and am in need of clearing my head I like to visit some mindlessly entertaining websites. I'm especially fond of message boards and live journals. I'm a lurker which means I don't actually post anything, but I get a kick out of reading everyone else's posts. For those that do what I do, you know that there are fans that post just for the sake of imparting information, like when the next tour is starting, for example. There are also those that post to belong to a community. The latter posters usually want to connect with others out there in the virtual world who share a commonality or just get attention. There are also those that create mindboggling fanfiction in which fictional stories of the subjects of interest are entwined in some bizarre love triangle or perverted situation. I'm not judging here, but sometimes I am amazed at what is created in the anonymity that the internet offers.

One of the sites I go to is a live journal dedicated to Ville Valo. The requirement of this site is that if you post, you must post at least one picture of Ville as well. This talented musician, I have learned since becoming a fan, has a private life that is open to such public scrutiny that I almost feel pity. Some of this has to do with his antics and some just has to do with the fact that the majority of his female fans love discussing who he's dating and why he shouldn't be.

This afternoon, after discovering some fangirl poetry that was written in reaction to news that Ville has recently gotten back together with old flame Jonna Nygren, M and I decided that we need to finally create some sort of emotional poetry of our own in response. As you will see, we've tried to mimic one of the more outstandingly strange posts, but have taken it one step further.

Disclaimer: Don't even think we're being serious here with this poetry. And also, people, what he does in his private life is no concern of ours. And, chances are, he doesn't go anywhere near boards or websites dedicated to worshipping the Ville Valo persona. Let him be with the private life talk, but keep posting the lovely pics 'cos that man's beautiful face has healing powers.;) -K

Untitled K

Die
Die
Die
Die motherfucker
until you know that
Just one look into your eyes
and I want to stab them until you see
the truth [for sooth!]
that I see:
That she doesn’t love you like I do
No one will love you like I do
And I do
And I will
And I do

Untitled M

I pray for
Mercy
For your Vampire Heart
as I cry
a Fortress of Tears
You say join me in Death
as you use
and abuse your
Self
Light another cigarette
as you kill yourself slowly
hate yourself to death
and chase another
who loves you less
than you love yourself.

1 comment:

  1. We stumbled across this blog and just want to say we hate to think our community is being judged in anyway by that rubbish. Believe me, if it wouldn't have been blatant censorship, we would have deleted it!

    You should quit being a lurker and become a poster. We welcome intelligent and articulate contributors!

    Cheers!

    Lori and Diane

    ReplyDelete