Saturday, July 15, 2006

Dave Talks, Gerard Listens

Since I was a teenager I have loved reading the British metal mag Metal Hammer. The writers in this magazine tend to avoid the usual snide and jaded commentary that you find all over these days. The articles and reviews are very realistic, but not meant to tear down anybody. I can appreciate that. This payday, like I do every other payday, I trekked down to my local Borders and picked up the latest issue. In the July issue there is a concert review for MCR who played this summer at the Give It a Name Festival (Earls Court, London).

The MCR review includes a picture of Gerard who is looking hot in a black velvet rugby blazer and silk tie. The reviewer observes that they are performing more and more like the stadium band they soon will be. Gerard has for some time stopped wearing the heavy makeup, which, I swear, is Dave Grohl’s influence. In a 2005 Spin issue, Dave commented on the beauty of the song Helena, but cautioned that the band will regret the makeup. Oh Dave- a soothsayer thou art!

2006 in America is missing MCR. Here's to the 2007 Judakris concert schedule, which will undoubtedly include more than one MCR show! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment