Thursday, June 29, 2006

Semi-Deep Thoughts While Driving

I truly love driving by myself. Yesterday I had a two and a half hour drive home from a client meeting and enjoyed just listening to music. I had the following random thoughts.

Santo & Johnny’s Sleepwalk - Here I was, driving along a two-lane highway as the sun was setting on a perfect summer evening, and that song was the perfect soundtrack.

K is right. Gnarls Barkley’s Crazy is the Feel Good, Inc. of 2006.

Dolly Parton’s Jolene still makes me nervous. I remember hearing that song as a kid on the radio and being torn up about what was going to happen.

I have to mentally separate the Michael Jackson of today from “I Want You Back”, in my opinion, the best Jackson 5 song. It is just not the same person.

Listening to the live version of “Best of You” by Foo Fighters gets me excited about the upcoming concert in August in Chicago.

Listening to The Emperor’s New Clothes by Sinead O’Connor made me remember how much I loved that CD in 1990/91 before she went nuts.

I wish could sing “Tell Me Something Good” like Chaka Khan does.

Favorite lyrics on the drive:

Original of the Species – U2
“I want the lot of what you got, and I want nothing that you’re not”

Lua – Bright Eyes
“But me I’m not a gamble, you can count on me to split. The love I sell you in the evening by the morning won’t exist”

--J

No comments:

Post a Comment