Saturday, June 3, 2006

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium


I eagerly anticipated the new Chili Peppers double CD, Stadium Arcadium. I got their last CD, By the Way, for Christmas in 2002 and for the next six months, that CD was the soundtrack of my everyday life. I fell in love with it. Those six months were extremely turbulent and songs like Minor Thing, Venice Queen, Dosed, all got me through. Maybe I was putting too much pressure this next CD, but I expected nothing less than phenomenal.

Stadium Arcadium is kind of like exercise to me. I have to remind myself that I need to listen to it, and once I do, I feel better, but not good enough to seek it out without a lot of strong focus. I liked “Charlie”, “Torture Me”, “Strip My Mind”, and “Wet Sand” on the first CD. I haven’t really picked out any faves on the second. Maybe during my upcoming road trip I’ll give that second CD a thorough listen. Geez, that sounds like too much work! --J

No comments:

Post a Comment