Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Re: In the Beginning...


As K wrote, a year ago tonight we were at UIC Pavilion watching Gerard and Mikey Way watch Oasis. It was so stressful! How could we be asked to pay attention to the dick-swaggering Liam Gallagher when the show was in the audience?

I loved K’s post about this night. What a crazy example of fate, that among all the Cubs hat-wearing frat boys in the audience, the Ways happen to sit across the aisle from the one gal who can recognize them from behind?

We were late for the show because as we sipped margaritas at a restaurant in Country Club Hills, Illinois, Mel’s car got hit in the parking lot.

Yes, Gerard was incessantly biting his nails as K mentioned. I felt like I was looking in the mirror. I now realized what I looked like hardcore gnawing on my hand just as he does.

It was much more of a show than we ever imagined. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment