Saturday, August 25, 2007

Weekend Entertainment

A couple of things:

1. I feel so out of touch right now. Not having to drive anywhere, I don’t listen to music on a regular basis.
2. I’m totally broke so I have to really watch how I spend my money.

I was desperate to buy something new, so I cautiously approached the local record store here in my little English village. It’s one of those places where you kinda wonder if when you bring your purchase up to the counter, if they might refuse to sell it to you. I wanted to buy the new Rilo Kiley record but after looking I had to approach the counter and ask if they carried it. They did, one copy. They have one of those systems where they put the case out for display and then all the CDs are filed in the back in little white envelopes, so it took an awkwardly long time to make my purchase. There was so much crap piled up on the counter, paperwork, promotional junk, boxes, it just does not look like a record store, but instead an office space for a pack rat that has been untouched since about 1975, which is actually pretty cool. By the way, CDs are about double the cost here, so I better like this! –J

No comments:

Post a Comment