Friday, August 3, 2007

This is the Day Your Life Will Surely Change...

I remember years ago all of the hullaballoo around the song Revolution being used for a Nike commercial. In my youth, I didn’t understand what the big damn deal was. Another sign that I am old, I suddenly do. I recently heard one of my favorite one hit wonders in an M&Ms commercial, The The’s This is the Day. Don’t get me wrong, if the artists made some cash, good for them but geez, I don’t want to think of that stupid commercial when listening to that song. And I also, as the commercial encourages me to do, don’t want to go to the M&M website and make an M&M candy of myself. Okay, I went to the stupid website and made one and it’s funny because as you can see, it looks as irritated as I am. --J

2 comments:

  1. In an alternate perspective, I'd never heard that song before the stupid commercial, and it made me stop in my tracks and go "/what/ is /that/?!" And then go look it up, etc.

    So, at least some people are being introduced to it this way. :)

    ReplyDelete