Friday, August 17, 2007

Musical Sidenotes

I haven't driven a car in a week since my move to the UK, so I haven't really listened to music. I did download the new FF single, The Pretender. They deliver a satisfying solid rock song but it is not exactly covering new ground. The Foos are playing all over the UK right now but nowhere close. It's as if Dave wants to hover close to me but not seem too obvious.

Amy Winehouse is the Lindsay Lohan of Britain. Every day there is a new article about her drug and alcohol problems.

Every night at midnight one of the stations airs a live performance of a popular band from one of the summer festivals. It's very cool.

I stepped into a small independent record store around the bend from my office. I got the High Fidelity stare. You know, are you worthy to buy something that I sell? I would have bought something if they had anything that I was interested in that I didn't already own.

I fear that I won't be catching any shows soon. While there are some coming that I would like to see, I'm on a remote train line into London right now and I'm not keen on riding the train late at night by myself. K, I miss you! --J

No comments:

Post a Comment