Saturday, May 26, 2007

An Unbelievable Birthday - Kings of Leon at The Pageant


Last night contained all of the elements of a perfect show. I don't know if a concert this year will be able to match it for me. Here are the top ten reasons why in no particular order.







1. The concert was on a Friday night of a long weekend. For us working stiffs who are usually dragging the next morning after a weeknight concert, this is the ultimate.
2. This is absolutely my favorite band of the moment.
3. The Features were one of the best openers I have ever seen.
4. K and I attended our second show in a week's time. The tickets were my birthday present from K. She gets me.
5. Getting what we now think are the best seats in the entire house at our favorite venue.
6. Vodka and Red Bull
7. I had to giggle listening to probably over a thousand guys singing along with Caleb with so much conviction to "Soft". When he yelled, "I'm Soft!" they were all right there with him.
8. Caleb's rock and roll smackdown of his microphone
9. Getting to watch Nathan Followill two weeks in a row, chew bubble gum and drink beer while playing drums.
10. Getting to watch the Followills interact with their fans after the show and seeing the skin-tight jeans up close.
--J

No comments:

Post a Comment