Monday, May 14, 2007

The Killers - An Unbelievable Set

Dear Brandon,

I’ve been a little mad at you. I was not so impressed with the new album although you arrogantly hyped it during the fall. Both K and I discussed on a recent road trip how we probably would never go see your band again. Been there, done that was our reasoning. I bought the ticket to Pointfest to see Wolfmother but thought well, I’ll stick around and see how the new stuff works out for you. The weeks leading up to the show, a slow transformation was occurring. I was getting excited about seeing your set. In fact, K said to me recently that she would like to see you again in concert too. Are you working some voodoo on us? After Wolfmother left the stage with all of their playful aggression and testosterone, I was a little worried for you. Well, what can I say, I was probably the embarrassing one at this show, all alone and singing with every song. The set was beautifully decorated with satin curtains, flashy Vegas sign and flowers strewn everywhere. You came out dressed like a blackjack dealer, with glittery confetti flying throughout the entire first song and it all worked. You played my faves from both records and goddamnit it sounded just like the record! While I don’t mind some jamming every once in awhile sometimes you want to go to a show and have it sound just like what you came for. Your nervousness seems to be gone. You seemed to actually be having a good time. The mix of the cool night air and the music made everything better. Come back Brandon, I promise to buy a ticket. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment