Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Have No Title For This Post

While J and I waited patiently upstairs in the Pageant to see Morrissey for the first time we got ourselves a yummy drink: red bull and vodka. After I bled the cup dry of any drop of drink I looked at J, inhaled a quick and shallow breath, and blurted out: HEY so aksdhashdfasdhfkja;sdkfjha;skdfjh;askjdfh;aksjdhfa;ksjdhf;aksjdhfa;ksjdhf;aksdjfhaksjdhfkajsdhfkjsdhf;kjshdf;Ville Valo jashdfkjhsa;dkfjha;skdjfh;skdjfh;ksjdfh;akjkeyboards jdhf;kasjbwahahahahdhf;a######@@@@@@@!!!

That's literally what it sounded like to me as it came out.

What I was trying to tell her, but was so high from the gorgeous drink, was that in a recent Gauntlet post I saw a quote from Ville Valo talking about the guitar-focused sounds of the new album, due out in September. The quote is: Keyboards are so fucking full blown gay. I love Duran Duran, but there is only so much you can take.

As one may recall, J (who happens to be a lifelong Duran Duran fan) is one of many people who believe that keyboards don't belong in metal. I rather like them, thus I'm a fan of HIM and she is not. I appreciate this and have ragged her about it to no end. So, imagine my surprise when I read that quote. Of course, I had to discuss this with J asap because like a daughter constantly seeking a mother's approval of a questionable boyfriend there's a part of me that still can't quite give up trying to make J like the music as much as I do. I don't lose sleep over it, but I find myself wishing often that there would be that ONE moment that would make the change. Alas, it's just one of those things I have to accept in life. I will say that though MCR might be the real attraction for J to attend two Projekt Revolution dates with me this summer, J will be standing next to me for two HIM performances two nights in a row. (Hello, yes MCR and HIM are performing on the same tour. I'm not going to be able to take it!) A good friend and sister she is.

Anyway, J somehow understood what I was saying because she looked at me, smiled and said "yeah, Ville and I have been discussing it." -K

No comments:

Post a Comment