Thursday, November 2, 2006

Death's Soundtrack





I heard about this poll on Chicago Public Radio's Sound Opinions and like them, couldn't believe the results...


I shouldn't be surprised by some of these selections. In fact, if this poll was done in America, some of the Brit artists like Robbie Williams would be replaced by some extremely literal country songs. My mother-in-law died this year and my sister-in-law picked out the music for the funeral service which included a country song where the singer was pleading with the listener to not be sad because they were in a better place. My husband H. was sitting at the front of the funeral home with immediate family and even in that most somber moment, turned to me and gave me a look like, "What the hell is this?"

H. always says that I tend to answer a question with a question but when I was thinking about what I might choose for my funeral, the only thing that ran through my head was, how do I die? Depending on that, the musical selection would be quite different.

What's the moral to this story? James Blunt still sucks and people with bad musical taste die. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment