Saturday, September 23, 2006

Several Words and A Question Why

I have been consumed with building a very exciting fall '06 concert schedule for myself. Tonight, it's still looking great, but it's not as phenomenal as, say, ten days ago.

Last Tuesday night I sat down to purchase my ticket for HIM’s St. Louis date for their Fall ’06 tour. It would have been my third for this tour: Chicago, Kansas City, then St. Louis. It wasn’t a dream that I had until it became possible, but I was focused on making the final transaction. That’s when I saw that my hometown show was canceled. Devastating!

Then, Wednesday morning I woke up to find this notification:

"Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. HIM, scheduled at MEMORIAL HALL on SATURDAY
NOVEMBER 4, 2006, at 6:00 PM, has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and
convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10
business days. Please note, the $4.60 per order processing fee and any
ticket Fast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable."

WHOA! Hello! Don’t I have a say in this! Don’t be so rushed to refund me bitches! Wait. OK, I’ll take the $50 back, but can’t we at least talk about this?

I hate to use this dramatic metaphor, but the dates scheduled after 10/31, the original end of the tour, began dropping like flies during the course of the week. As of now there have still been no official announcements from the band. This makes me think it’s a contractual issue between the tour manager and the venues. But I don’t know. I sure have been thinking about it a lot, though. My multiple theories ran from the very possible contractual issues to a scheduled stint in rehab (ok, suddenly I’m seeing myself on some cop show in front of a white board listing my theories and possible suspects as though trying to solve a crime). As of tonight I’ve closed the case. I can’t think about it anymore. At least I still have my Chicago date where I can look for Dan and frolic with other fans in our natural habitat. -K

P.S. I went to see Jackass 2 today. It was better than the first movie, though the boys seem to be more aware of their mortality (well, we are all getting older, aren’t we). Luke Wilson and Ville Valo make cameo appearances. Bam, that greenish/grayish muslin scarf looks very familiar. You wear it well, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment