Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSound


This record has a few standout tracks but while I listened to it, either I’m not the intended audience, or there’s just a lot of slow to medium tempo filler on this record.

Track 1 - Futuresex/Lovesound – Love this song.

Track 2 – Sexyback – Yes, I admit it. It’s a regular on my iPod, especially when working out.

Track 4 – My Love – This is where I begin to wonder if I am just not getting contemporary R&B music. I like the track but could do with out the rap interlude from T.I. Why must we have a rap in the middle of a song?!

Track 8 – Damn Girl – If the rap by that asshole from the Black Eye Peas wasn’t in it, I would love this song. The horns and keyboards give it a classic R&B vibe.

Track 11 – Losing My Way – Really Justin, we need a cautionary tale in the form of a song? If I want to hear about addiction, I’ll tune in to an episode of A&E’s Intervention.

Track 13 – (Another Song) All Over – This track is the only one on the CD that was produced by Rick Rubin and it does sound different. It is one of my favorite tracks on the record because it is simple in its arrangement and showcases Justin’s voice. It’s a makeup song in the best way.

I would rate this an unfortunate because there’s a lot of filler on this CD. However, I would recommend downloading tracks one, two, and twelve to hear Justin at his best, and then go out and buy Prince’s Dirty Mind and 1999 if you don’t already own them. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment