Monday, September 4, 2006

Another Week...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Labor Day Weekend and the end of summer; it is hard to believe it’s time to go back to work tomorrow. I’m cracking up over the comment on the Pete Yorn – Nightcrawler post. Keep the comments coming! Blues Traveler and work got me thinking about one of my favorite movies of all time, Office Space.

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

My daughter A, turned eleven this past week and has fallen madly in love with Panic! at the Disco. It’s better than the Hilary Duff/High School Musical stuff she has listened to up to this point so I’m being supportive, but as I said to K, there is “much tinkling of the ivories” in that music (yes, I meant to say tinkling), but it fits the cabaret style of a lot of the songs. Because of this obsession, every time I walk into the living room, the MTV VMAs are broadcasting on the television thanks to TiVo! Boy, kids have no idea how lucky they are these days with things like TiVo, YouTube, and iTunes. It’s good to be a pop culture junkie in 2006.

We are seeing The Stills/Kings of Leon Thursday night. Our friend R is joining us. She has been a longtime Kings of Leon fan since they took off in the U.K. Stay tuned for a review and hopefully some pics! --J

No comments:

Post a Comment