Sunday, September 24, 2006

I don't have a name for this post

I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to catch a plane home. Home, home, home. While I was on a business trip this week my plan was to give The Raconteurs and Justin Timberlake’s new CD a thorough listen and rate them. However, Hertz messed up my rental car reservation and to make up for it, I got an upgraded car with Sirius satellite radio. I spent the entire week listening to Howard Stern instead. I’ve never been on a trip where I looked for excuses to spend time in the car. It’s like crack.

Getting back to Justin Timberlake, I was telling our friend M that my daughter A. and I watched Justin on TRL on MTV right before the new record was released. Did M ask about the TRL appearance? No, instead he said, “Wow, that age gap between you and A. is shrinking by the moment, isn’t it?” Hahaha, yes, I admit it, in about three years, she and I will mentally be the same age. Anyway, on TRL, Justin stated that he was influenced by early Prince on this record. I had to give it a listen after hearing that since I love early Prince. From my initial listening of the record all I can say is, not influenced enough JT! Justin also joked that he is a little tired of people coming up to him mentioning him “bringing SexyBack”. Justin, I apologize. That trend probably started with the judakris readers. Our influence is astounding.

When judakris were batting around the idea of a rating system, the first rating category I recommended was “unnecessary” I guess because I’m such a critical bitch. So, I feel the need to comment on some unnecessary music out there.

Beyonce – Please go away! From “Check on It” to “Ring the Alarm”, I can’t stand your off-key voice and your stupid rhyming/cadence.

Evanescence – Amy Lee, I read your Spin interview. We get it. You’re dark and moody in that very corporate way. Your music rates an “unnecessary” in my book.

Nickelback - really? Still selling records? Does it get any more mediocre than this?

Anyone reading judakris.com knows that we can't stand Pete Wentz. Not only do we have to see his stupid open-mouthed expression in the Gap ads but we get to see his nipple too! He is assaulting us again in Spin magazine talking about Fall Out Boy's follow-up record due out in 2007. He states, "Grabbing the fucking Rod Stewart-hair-and-white belt credibility isn't interesting to us". What does that mean? I have no idea. All I know is that he looked like a civil war re-enactor at the VMAs this year sporting a gray cape. I didn't realize that the Robert E. Lee look was hip again.

As for unexpected, I’m gonna recommend The Killers’ single, “When You Were Young”. I didn’t like it at first for its obvious homage to Bruce Springsteen, but it has grown on me in a big way. I confessed this to K last week at the Muse concert and she said she was into it now too.

More on the Muse show in a future post. –J

No comments:

Post a Comment