Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wal Mart's Honey Roll Over


I’ve got most of my AC/DC catalog in tape form. So, as I’ve been working on my digital music library (cds are in my past), I’ve been very disappointed that their music has not been available on iTunes or Amazon or any digital music source that I used. Verizon Wireless bought the rights to AC/DC’s catalog through its VCast Music Service, but only in album form for $12 a pop and only from their PC version as the full-album format is too big to sell from mobile phones. Sigh. I miss hearing AC/DC whenever I want.

Ever the fan of these Aussies, I am thrilled that they’re releasing a new album soon. To my surprise, I heard they plan to release it exclusively through Wal Mart Stores, Inc. Let’s face it, your average red blooded American shops at Wal Mart. I think this will be a smart business move on AC/DC’s part, no matter how much I wish it weren’t so.

If only Wal Mart would release AC/DC through its digital store I might feel a little better about it. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment