Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Love and Marriage in St. Louis


Well, two friends of mine tied the knot in St. Louis last weekend and a bunch of us from Huntsville drove up to take part in the celebration. I didn’t expect to tear up as often as I did, but then I realized what a milestone this was. I’ve known the groom for 8-9 years and he is my frequent Starbucks companion. The bride was a dear friend when we worked together in St. Louis and I will always wonder if we were indeed related due to some rather uncanny similarities in our lives. I was around when they started dating and watched them grow into the couple they are now. Their first song as a married couple? “Real Love” by John Lennon. Perfect.
Anyway, many of the international guests, who came from the Philippines, UK, Germany, Africa, and the American South were University of Alabama alumni (including the groom) and at some point almost everyone sang along to “Sweet Home Alabama” on the dance floor. Surreal, but fun as hell.-K

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Sweet Home Alabama, here's the Leningrad Cowboys & Red Army Choir version:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014

    ReplyDelete