Thursday, April 3, 2008

AC/DC

Even before I came out to Australia, AC/DC has been on my mind. One night when I was back in the UK I sent K this YouTube clip of them performing Highway to Hell in The Netherlands and there is no doubt from watching the clip what decade it came from. Hahaha. K said she was in high school in Germany, her health class was taught by the gym teacher and inevitably as health class tends to do, drugs were a topic of study. She said when discussing methamphetamines, her teacher brought up Angus Young. She said that all you had to do was look at Angus doing those repetitious movements to know that that was methamphetamines. K ALWAYS things about this when listening or watching AC/DC. I mentioned this to an AC/DC fan in Australia who quickly told me that the Young family has always been anti-drug. They didn’t find the humor in the story like I did.

Anyway, I was able to walk the streets where this video was filmed many years ago. The song is timeless. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment