Thursday, March 27, 2008

Postcard from Down Under


I haven’t posted for awhile because I’ve been consumed with work in Melbourne, Australia. I haven’t gotten to listen to any radio to be able to comment on what’s popular and I have no live shows planned. The closest I’ve gotten to a show is walking past the Forum the night that Ween was playing. I noticed that the Black Crowes have an upcoming gig here and was thinking about checking that out just to see an American band in Australia but the tickets are freakin 99 bucks! All the American acts that play here are expensive. I guess they’re passing along their travel costs to the fan.

This weekend I was at a café where a cover band was playing in Apollo Bay, Australia. It’s officially the beginning of autumn here and the band played Don Henley’s Boys of Summer, one of my all time guilty pleasure songs. The next morning as I walked along the beach watching the holidaymakers enjoy their last bit of summer, I had to play it again on my iPod. --J

1 comment:

  1. The Black Crowes are going to be at Riverbend this year in Chattanooga, Tn. They'll be there with ZZ Top later in the week.

    ReplyDelete