Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tickets Anyone?

While K has some shows lined up, my lineup has just been shot to hell since I’m now in Australia for a month. I’ve sold the Panic at the Disco tickets since A is not yet in London. I’m fine with that one now that I have money in my pocket! And now I’m giving up my ticket to see The Gossip at the end of the month. I really wanted to see The Gossip live.

Since I can’t see them live, let me give their album “Standing in the Way of Control” an unbelievable rating. The instrumentation is very stripped down which gives Beth Ditto’s voice the room to fill in any gaps. I think the title song off the record says it all. I understand that Rick Rubin is big on this band. It will be interesting to see if they have the same success as they do in the UK. Beth Ditto is queen there.

P.S. I’ve been in Australia for about three days and the only music I have heard was overhead last night at a café. What was it? Of all things a single off of the new Britney record, the one where she complains about the media. Can’t remember the name and don’t want to spend the time looking it up. Usually when someone sings about themselves in third person it ain’t good! I was kind of surprised to hear her, since like the rest of the world it’s been kind of difficult with all the other press remembering that singing is supposedly her day job. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment