Thursday, March 13, 2008

Skynrd!

K’s story about the rowdy Southern crowd at the Jackson Browne show made me think of a similar funny. I think it was the last time I attended Big Spring Jam, Huntsville’s big music festival my last year living there. It was a Friday night and it was almost time for the headliners of that night to take the stage. I don’t remember who was on every stage but there was a big contemporary Christian act on one, Nickelback on one, and Lynrd Skynrd on another. There was a really long line to the one bathroom that was not a porta-john and my friend T went to get in that line. I waited for her outside and when she came out, she said that as she passed the long line of ladies waiting their turn, you could probably guess with 99% accuracy which stage each lady was headed to. She said just when she was thinking that, a drunk woman at the back of the line yelled to the others, “Ya’ll hurry up! I gotta take a piss and go see Skynrd!!! --J

P.S. Their set did not disappoint, but our drunk friend was probably passed out by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment