Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Rolling Stones Mystique


For those of you as intrigued as I am by The Rolling Stones of the late 60’s/early 70’s there are a few things you may want to check out. I just watched a movie last night called Stoned, which is a loosely factual story of Brian Jones’ last days. Was he murdered as his model girlfriend at the time claims? Was there a deathbed confession by the murderer? We will never know I suppose, but the possibility is brought to life in this film. It reminded me quite a bit of The Talented Mr. Ripley with a lot more drugs and full frontal nudity. Don’t see it though if you are looking for a Rolling Stones biopic. The rest of the band is barely in it. The only truly clichéd soundtrack moment in the film is when Brian is dropping acid with Anita Pallenberg to Jefferson Airplane’s White Rabbit. Is there a law that says that if someone is taking acid on a movie screen, it must be done to this song?

Also, I read an excerpt from a new book in Rolling Stone last month. It’s called Exile on Main Street: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones by Robert Greenfield. From what I read in the excerpt and a review, it's the behind the music filled with drama, drugs, and sex. I can’t wait to read it! --J

No comments:

Post a Comment