Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hail! Hail! Rock 'N Roll

As I sat at home in my pajamas last night watching the season finale of Project Runway, a most exciting musical event was taking place in St. Louis. Chuck Berry celebrated his 80th birthday with a standing room only performance at Blueberry Hill in University City. Chuck plays once a month at Blueberry Hill. I guess I need to stop taking it for granted that he plays every month and go see him. When I saw that last night’s show was being billed as a birthday celebration, I immediately went to the Rolling Stones website to see where they were playing, anticipating a possible Keith appearance. Keith didn’t make an appearance, but Aerosmith’s Joe Perry did. If you would like to read the local newspaper’s coverage of the event, click here. Also, if you can't get to Blueberry Hill to see Chuck perform in person, a four-disc DVD set of the documentary, Hail! Hail! Rock 'N Roll, was recently released. It is pretty amazing to think that someone who is 80 years old is still putting on one hell of a show. –J

No comments:

Post a Comment