Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Helldone HIM Setlist and Preview

It's been a phenomenal trip to dark and beautiful Helsinki, culminating into the big bang performance last night. I had a good cry fest this morning as I started to organize my suitcase for tomorrow's early flight back home. I cannot believe how much I was able to do in a few days including a hilarious trip to Kari Valo's sex shop.

I had always heard that there were naughty HIM items out there and now I know where you can buy them. When I was handed a HIM whip I immediately handed it back and for whatever reason this came out of my mouth: "I'M FROM ALABAMA!" What has that got to do with the time of day? Anyway, I also learned that if you want to get drunk Finnish men to notice you, you should wear a t-shirt that advertises a local sex shop. Not that I mind; there is something in the water here that makes people gorgeous. Actually, Finland is the only European country I've been to whose tap water can be drunk without being boiled first so there is something different about it for sure.

Standing in the photog pit last night, we got sprayed with champagne at midnight then had Ville tower over us to begin the performance. Can't get better than that (well, actually I guess it could...) He honored us by taking his shirt off towards the end of the set. AND, they actually gave us an encore! There was a lot of booze flowing, lots of love happening, and I met some great people (except for the one drunk Estonian photog who in the same breathe told me America was stupid and that he loved my body JUST as Ville walks by and I miss an opportunity for a great shot).

For those that care, Ville has the goatee again and is looking skinnier than ever. His long, curly locks flared out from under his beanie looking very DSBH last night. It's killing me that I can't show you pics yet, but I brought the wrong damn usb cord! argh. While he was completely covered for the majority of the set, he was shirtless for the last bit which was a nice little present.

Besides Ville's mom, dad, and brother, Jussi69 was definitely at Helldone and I heard that Andy McCoy was hanging out outside for a time last night, but I never saw him come in. Ville's photog friend Ville, who took the official pics last year was hanging around the bar all night.

I will be in touch with pics and reviews asap. -K

Setlist:
Passions Killing Floor
Wicked Game
BABL
Wings of a Butterfly
Kiss of Dawn
Vampire Heart
Poison Girl
Dead Lover's Lane
Join Me
Your Sweet 666
Sleepwalking Past Hope
Right Here in My Arms
Soul on Fire
Killing Loneliness
Bleed Well
It's All Tears
Funeral of Hearts

Encore:
Sacrament
Razorblade Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment