Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Look

By chance, they released some additional tickets for MCR’s last UK date of The Black Parade tour. I went to buy one for the show on the 15th in London and found that you cannot purchase tickets and have them waiting for you at the “will call” window nor can you have them mailed anywhere but your billing address, which at the moment is in the U.S. Rather than risk having the ticket sent to the States and then have H mail it to me in time for the show, I thought I needed to find someone to buy me the ticket as I gave them the cash. So who would I ask? I know my boss the best, so I said to her that while I knew this went beyond her supervisory duties, would she be willing to buy this ticket for me and she agreed. I headed to her office, money in hand and we went through the transaction. I got the look twice:

1. Because I was going to go to this show by myself.
2. Because at my age I was going to see a band called My Chemical Romance.

She said, “You like going to these things?” I laughed and said, “I just need to go see some screaming Americans next week”. I don’t know why I felt so guilty. It’s not as if she walked into the room and I had a needle hanging from my arm. A woman I work with proudly announced last week that she was flying to Rotterdam to see Take That in concert for cryin out loud! I mean she is TRAVELLING to see them. Oh well, when I have ticket in hand, I won’t care what others think. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment