Saturday, December 2, 2006

Synkkien Laulujen Maa

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I'm very excited about Ville Valo’s latest side project. Like he did back in the late 90s with The Agents, along with other various artists he has recorded a couple of Finnish classics. This is not rock; it is old Finnish melancholy goodness. The cd is called Synkkien Laulujen Maa (The Land of Dark Songs) and it was released on November 22, 2006 and is currently the number one downloaded album in the Finnish iTunes music store. I know I should be reviewing this cd rather than just reporting about it, but it’s difficult to find this one here in the States right now. Hopefully, ebay will come through for me once again because I kind of dig hearing the man sing in his native tongue.

Ville’s songs are Kun minä kotaini läksin (When I Left My Home) and Täällä Pohjantähden alla (Here Under The North Star). You can hear samples here and here. -K
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment