Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4am Music Shopping

4am – what to do besides stress about what’s happening in the work part of my life? In the darkness of my living room, as I sat cross-legged on the world’s most uncomfortable sofa I remembered that my good buddy Mel had sent me an iTunes birthday gift so I went to the store and said to myself, pick out only things that you truly enjoy, songs you would sing along to in the car. Put aside pretension, concern about what others might think, just go for the sounds you love.

What did I end up with?

Well, I bought the latest Joan as Police Woman record. I’ll review that in the future…

Some of my single selections:

Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
Son of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
I Will Survive – Cake
I Miss You – Blink-182 (makes me think of my nephews, and as much as I hate to admit it, I like the drums)
Fat Lip – Sum 41 (yes, I probably watch too much Kerrang! But the lyrics are hilarious)
Slave to Love – Bryan Ferry
Money Changes Everything – Cyndi Lauper
Baby, Now That I’ve Found You – Alison Krauss
No Myth – Michael Penn
Just Another Night – Mick Jagger (would he in 2009 be caught dead in a “hundred dollar hotel room”?)
No Rest for the Wicked – Cage the Elephant

This list has kept me going all week. Thanks Mel. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment