Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Celebrity Playlist

Have you ever looked the celebrity playlists on iTunes? Every once in awhile I do, but it doesn’t influence my purchases. Sometimes it seriously looks like a celebrity must be in promotion mode for a new record/television show/movie and their publicist must have presented them with the opportunity to do a celebrity playlist. I could see the directions being something like:

At least one song must be a current hit
At least one song must be an oldie to show that you listen to more than top 40
At least one song must be obscure
At least one song must be critically acclaimed

Some of them seem unbelievable and unnecessary like Dina Lohan (?). My favorite recently was Chris Rock’s playlist. I think it got my attention because Wet Sand is my favorite song off of Stadium Arcadium, but it also seems like a believable mix by someone who loves music. Here's his playlist. Log on to iTunes to see his commments about each. --J

187um (Deep Cover Remix)[feat. Snoop Dogg] - Dr. Dre
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
Wet Sand - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Stop F****n' WIt Me - Lil John
Never Enough - The Cure
Ball and Biscuit - The White Stripes
She Lives in My Lap - OutKast and Rosario Dawson
Hello It's Me - Todd Rundgren
Stroke of Death - Ghostface Killah
The Moment is All There Is - Lenny Kravitz

No comments:

Post a Comment