Monday, December 17, 2007

Switches

Tonight I was typing away on my laptop when a song came on a show called October Road that was on in the background. I didn't know who sang it or what the song was called, so I took one line of the song and googled it. It turns out the song is called Killer Karma by an English band called Switches. Of course,this lead to a full-on You Tube search for other songs and a discovery that this band is not too shabby. Unfortunately, U.S. iTunes doesn't have much beyond their EPs for Drama Queen and Lay Down the Law, so I'll have to play the waiting game for their new album Heart Tuned to D.E.A.D. when it's released here in the States next year. It was supposed to drop in October, but was inexplicably delayed. Ah well. This happens.

Switches reminds me of Franz Ferdinand and Jet, who remind me of the Stones, Bowie and a little bit of Sweet. While I wouldn't necessarily say that they will save rock n roll or that they're doing something terribly original, I think their music is perfect party fare. Check them out. -K

Lay Down the Law


Message from Yuz


Lyrics to Killer Karma

Its funny how as time goes, its funny how the pain grows
It's funny how the guilt snows, on your mind
Its funny how as time goes, its funny how your world slows
It's funny how god knows, I will take my time

Well we'd all like to know what our lives have yet to show
But there's one place we can go, and that's our minds
And we'd all like to be, with who our eyes have yet to see
But there's no-one foolin me, cus that's a lie

It's funny when your plane leaves, its funny how your soul grieves
It's funny how the light weaves through the blinds
It's funny how your heart rules, the feelings that your head cools
It's funny how the hate pools, creepin up the side

Well we'd all like to know what our lives have yet to show
But there's one place we can go, and that's our minds
And we'd all like to be, with who our eyes have yet to see
But there's no-one foolin me, cus that's a lie

Cus I got Killer Karma now, I got Killer Karma now, I got Killer Karma now (x2)

Yea we'd all like to know what our lives have yet to know
But there's one place we can go, and that's our minds
And we'd all like to see, with who our lives have yet to be
But there's no-one foolin me, cus that's a lie

7 comments:

  1. This is funny because tonight, I was sitting at my computer, and a song came on during October Road, so I was googling it, and this is the site it took me to. Haha. Great song though. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this little blog.
    I did the exact same thing, I really like these guys. Good Skiing music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for this post man. I was wondering what band sang that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I got them to post Killer Karma on their myspace, so you can listen to it there if you want. http://www.myspace.com/weareswitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you guys! I really like the song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I actually have the band's Heart Turned to DEAD album. Let me know if u want it :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i was looking up the song when i saw u and thought i would let you know for future reference that you can look at the music log for all the episodes at abc.com

    ReplyDelete