Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dan Fogelberg - Part Two

As demonstrated in other posts, K and I definitely can represent two sides of an argument. While I am sorry to hear of someone’s passing, Dan Fogelberg’s death made me think of two things:

1. A story a friend told me about him
2. The lyrics to Same Old Lang Syne

My buddy J’s sister (or was it friend?) was once chased off of private property (didn’t realize it was private) by Dan Fogelberg and he was pretty aggressive. When his sister told him this story, he said with a mix of disbelief and sarcasm something like, “Soft rock Dan Fogelberg?”

How do I know this story? You know how sometimes you can work at a place that has the radio on the same station all day, which leads you to the realization that the station plays about five songs over and over again. Well, Same Old Lang Syne was one of the songs on heavy rotation on the work radio and I was complaining to J about it and how much the song irritated me, which of course made us both laugh about it. The line that J can’t take from the song is when the male “rock star” says that the “travelling was hell”. It doesn’t sound very rock star, but maybe it does sound soft rock star. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment