Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Royal Albert Hall


Yesterday I had the good fortune to attend a meeting in the building next to the Royal Albert Hall in London. It is a stunning venue! Some of you might remember that this is where Cream played their last concert. According to Wikipedia, other historical moments occurred in 1963 when The Beatles and The Rolling Stones played their only gig together, and in 1969 Pink Floyd was banned for life for setting off two cannons during their performance. Who was playing there last night…John Mayer for a second night in a row. It wasn’t sold out and I was tempted to get a ticket just because I wanted to see the inside of the building and also to cure my concert withdrawal symptoms, but just couldn’t bare a whole John Mayer concert. I was secretly hoping to run into him heading into the building for a sound check or something so I could compliment him not on his music but the column that he used to write for Esquire magazine. He’s quite a witty chap. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment