Monday, June 25, 2007

Avoid the Outdoors


I had been wringing my hands over buying tickets to Bonnaroo this year. It's close to where both K and I used to live in the South so having a place to stay wouldn't be an issue. For a number of reasons we passed up the opportunity. Courtesy of AT&T I was able to watch both Kings of Leon and Lily Allen's sets online and decided that I just need to get over this fear that I have that I am missing something at these festivals. When they pan the crowd it looks like torture standing in those crowds. I am reminded of my experience in a Warped Tour crowd a few summers ago when my feet left the ground in the middle of a sea of people and I saw no clear exit route.

While Bonnaroo just looked and was damn hot, I was in England this week and I followed all of the coverage of the Glastonbury Festival. As the pic on this post can explain, it's not hot, but instead rainy. Having to pack knee-high rubber boots to deal with the mud sounds like the worst of both worlds. The London News reported in Friday's news that a stream at the festival site had been "cordoned off because revelers had turned it toxic" with their alcohol and drug laced urine. Maybe I'm too old or too drug-free to understand Glastonbury. Give me a smoky nightclub over that any day. --J

No comments:

Post a Comment