Friday, May 23, 2008

The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing

As I mentioned in my interview with Jim Cavender, I am always trying to figure out why some artist or song appeals to me. So as I listen to the debut Album We Started Nothing by The Ting Tings, I wonder, am I harboring cheerleader tendencies? My favorite songs off the record either sound like a cheer or have a rhythm that no doubt will end up as background music on ESPN during a cheerleading competition. That’s not a bad thing.

If you believe that music sometimes has a season, this is summertime music. I have been playing “That’s Not My Name” on heavy rotation and also really like “Great DJ”, “Shut Up and Let Me Go”, and “Be the One”. Unfortunately I missed out getting tickets to one of their sold-out UK shows due to work. “That’s Not My Name” is number one on the UK pop charts. Will it make its way across the pond? --J

No comments:

Post a Comment