Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Queen


I haven’t spoken to my brother S since I moved from the U.S. in August. Last night I was at the office late and decided to give him a ring, hoping to catch him on his lunch hour. By the way, I was listening to Queen at the time, which always makes me think of him. The conversation went something like this:

J-Hey
S-Hey
J-I’m sitting here listening to Queen and are you telling me that you don’t even appreciate Brian May’s guitar playing?
S- I was going to say, if you’re sitting there listening to Queen, you have my sympathies.
J-How can you not like Queen?
S-They play a lot of Queen on the radio station we listen to at work. I can’t stand it.
J-You don’t even like Killer Queen?
S-No
J-Not even Under Pressure?
S-I think that’s one of the most over-rated songs ever.
J-What???
S-The only Queen song I like is Crazy Little Thing Called Love and that’s because it doesn’t sound like a Queen song.
J-I know and I don’t understand that at all.

We went on to talk about things of lesser importance than Queen. ;) --J

No comments:

Post a Comment