Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama...Over and Over

It's my first days back in Huntsville and I'm already noticing the stark difference between St. Louis radio stations and the ones here. Earlier, I touched scan in my car and hit on four stations that mentioned Jesus, three that played Faith Hill nonstop (which is not terrible because I happen to love Faith, but come on), one pop radio station that actually plays MCR's "Teenagers" (bonus), but censored the curse words (are you kidding?), and one classic rock station that has played the same set of songs since I moved to Huntsville the first time in 1993. I'll adjust soon, but it will take a while. I didn't like St. Louis in general, but I will miss the radio. -K

1 comment:

  1. STL radio was not good. I'm convinced that Apple's success in recent years owes a lot to Clear Channel. After Clear Channel came thru and bought up all the radio stations, an iPod in the car became almost a requirement. Radio went downhill that noticeably.

    HSV radio isn't great either.

    ReplyDelete