Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Live at the Levee and Insole Products

Despite the fact that Live on the Levee was going to be our last show together for while in the States, J and I found ourselves giggling about random shit. For example, when we arrived it was in the middle of Ben Jelen's set. He opened for Pete and had a habit of prefacing each song with a serious explanation of what it was about. When one particular song ended, before he could open his mouth to explain the next a typical St. Louis weisenheimer behind us yelled "EH WHAT'S THIS SONG ABOUT!?" I almost shot beer through my nose.

Ben Jelen's tunes weren't bad at all, though he seemed like an artist who tends to take himself kind of seriously. I don't think he's been extremely successful in the States, unfortunately. What's also unfortunate is that I keep thinking of Dr. Scholl's commercials when I hear his name. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment