Tuesday, July 3, 2007

K's List of Hidden Tracks

In J's review of the RHCP's concert she mentions that she and I are Andy Gibb fans. This is true. Despite our love for modern music and trying our best to stay with the flow, there is a catalog of songs that lies deep down, suppressed in our heart of hearts. There are songs from childhood or our teenage years that over the years we've come to understand can't really be brought out and played in front of people without some kind of warning or explanation. There are songs that J and I are even nervous to bring out in front of each other in the solitude of our cars on a road trip. Tonight, I thought I would identify some (not all) of the filigree of singles that quietly and peacefully live in various places on my iPod.
This list is in no way meant to be ironic. Judge me, if you must, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I know all of you have a list like this! -K

The Best of Times - Styx
Love Walks In - Van Halen (Hagar)
Why Can't This Be Love - Van Halen (Hagar)
I'm Free - Kenny Loggins
No Matter What - Badfinger
Follow You, Follow Me - Genesis
Somebody's Baby - Jackson Browne
Baby What a Big Surprise - Chicago
Stand Back - Stevie Nicks
The Things We Do For Love - 10cc
If - Bread
Time - The Alan Parsons Project
Time is Time - Andy Gibb
Do That to Me One More Time - Captain and Tennille
I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
East Bound and Down - Jerry Reed
No More Lonely Nights - Paul McCartney and Wings
Magic - Pilot *
Dirty Work - Steely Dan
Both Sides Now - Judy Collins
Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
Fooled Around and Fell In Love - Elvin Bishop
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez
I Don't Know How to Love Him - Yvonne Elliman
Baby Come Back - Player
Biggest Part of Me - Ambrosia
Magnet and Steel - Walter Egan
Love Grows - Edison Lighthouse
Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford
Slow Ride - Foghat
Count On Me - Jefferson Starship
Sweet Home Alabama -Lynyrd Skynyrd

* when J wrote the post about the baseball players batting songs, one of our coworkers and I started emailing each other some ideas. My first idea, in all seriousness, was this song. His response was "I'm going to give you a few minutes to think about that one."

1 comment:

  1. Do that to me one more time, once is never enough, with a man like youuuu. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete