Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Guess Dreams Really Can Come True...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ...at least for one of my male friends. When I IM'ed my friend C that Joan Jett and Carmen Electra were a couple, his immediate response was one word: AWESOME.

For whatever reason, the conversation that followed made me think of that Baudelaire poem Les Fleurs Du Mal (The Flowers of Evil). There's a great translation online by Cat Nilan. Anyway, I'm taking poetic license by slightly distorting the context of this verse, but it just seems to sum up the mental imagery that my friend C and I'm sure other straight men out there have when it comes to the union of two hot chicks:

Lesbos, land of hot and languid nights
Which make hollow-eyed girls, in love with their own bodies,
Caress the ripe fruits of their nubility
Before their mirrors -- sterile delight! --;
Lesbos, land of hot and languid nights,


I must say, the news was completely unexpected. However, as J put it, to go from Dave Navarro to a woman seems like a natural progression. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment