Saturday, December 13, 2008

You're So Vain - Foo Fighters

Since all I have seen is this youtube video, I don't understand the context of Foo Fighters playing a Carly Simon cover on a Grammy nominations show. Was everyone performing asked to do a cover? All I know is this was a pleasant surprise to watch over morning coffee. This past June I got obsessed with that song for the second time in my life. I like the combination of Carly Simon and Mick Jagger's vocals on it and the lyrics are classic. So on a flight from Salt Lake City to London, I put it on a playlist I've been playing quite a bit.

Dave's growl adds a certain menacing quality to the song. It's more like "You're so vain and I'm gonna make sure you don't live anymore because of it". Hahaha --J

3 comments:

  1. Carly Simon's You're So Vain was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. That was the reason for the Foo Fighters singing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The context was that they were performing to a roomful of celebrities, all of whom probably thought this song was about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotcha, I gotcha, hahaha. -J

    ReplyDelete